Chinese economic growth beats estimates in Q3
The country’s gross domestic product (GDP) increased 7.3% in the July- September period on a yearly basis, according to the National Bureau of Statistics. Initial estimates called for a growth rate of 7.2% in a survey by Bloomberg. A 7.9% expansion in services helped the country’s GDP to climb 7.4% in the January- September period.
Meanwhile, industrial production in the country rose 8% in September compared to a 6.9% increase in August. Retail sales also climbed 11.6% compared to the same period of the previous year. Growth in the agricultural industry was 4.2%, while secondary industry, which includes mining and manufacturing, grew 7.4%.
According to a poll of Bloomberg analysts, the Chinese government will set its economic growth target for 2015 at about 7%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures