Chinese import PET prices move down in Turkey
Accordingly, Chinese PET prices were reported at $1070-1080/ton CIF Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty and 6.75% anti-dumping duty, cash. The level retreated by $30-50/ton week over week.
“The import PET market lost ground week over week due to poor activity prior to the general elections in Turkey as well as lower production costs and comfortable supplies,” a trader opined. Players in Turkey do not expect to see any real pick up in trading activity in the last week prior to the elections.
Looking at upstream markets, spot PX prices were reported to be down by around $30/ton to $885/ton on an FOB South Korea basis over the past week. PTA costs declined $50/ton to stand at $690/ton, while MEG prices slipped $40/ton to $905/ton in the same period, both on a CFR China basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers