Chinese players: Import PPBC supply is tight
A trader offering Thai PP block copolymer at $1400/ton CFR China, cash stated, “We heard prices for this material as low as $1290/ton last week, but prices are higher now because of tight supply. We are offering material from our existing stocks as South Korean and Thai producers are not giving fresh offers this week. We hear that two major Saudi Arabian producers are also unable to offer any PPBC these days.”
A distributor offering domestic PP block copolymer at CNY10600/ton ex-warehouse China, cash inc VAT ($1485/ton without VAT) commented, “We expect local PPBC prices to hit the CNY11000/ton ($1541/ton without VAT) threshold soon owing to a shortage of overseas cargoes.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets