Chinese players: Import PPBC supply is tight
A trader offering Thai PP block copolymer at $1400/ton CFR China, cash stated, “We heard prices for this material as low as $1290/ton last week, but prices are higher now because of tight supply. We are offering material from our existing stocks as South Korean and Thai producers are not giving fresh offers this week. We hear that two major Saudi Arabian producers are also unable to offer any PPBC these days.”
A distributor offering domestic PP block copolymer at CNY10600/ton ex-warehouse China, cash inc VAT ($1485/ton without VAT) commented, “We expect local PPBC prices to hit the CNY11000/ton ($1541/ton without VAT) threshold soon owing to a shortage of overseas cargoes.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Early reactions to Turkey’s dumping case on Saudi Arabian LDPE
- October PET deals concluded with moderate increases in Europe
- Will it be supply or demand to set PP, PE outlook in Europe?
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November