Chinese players: Import PPBC supply is tight
A trader offering Thai PP block copolymer at $1400/ton CFR China, cash stated, “We heard prices for this material as low as $1290/ton last week, but prices are higher now because of tight supply. We are offering material from our existing stocks as South Korean and Thai producers are not giving fresh offers this week. We hear that two major Saudi Arabian producers are also unable to offer any PPBC these days.”
A distributor offering domestic PP block copolymer at CNY10600/ton ex-warehouse China, cash inc VAT ($1485/ton without VAT) commented, “We expect local PPBC prices to hit the CNY11000/ton ($1541/ton without VAT) threshold soon owing to a shortage of overseas cargoes.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets extending uptrend into December
- Rising energy and feedstock prices prompt further gains in Asia PET markets
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness