Chinese players report limited PE supplies from Qatar
“The production from the Middle East was already down due to Ramadan and the following Eid holiday last month. Apart from this, supplies from a major supplier in Qatar have been lower due to a technical problem at the producer,” said a trader.
Another trader commented, “The technical issue from the Qatari supplier remains in place. As their supply remains low, their offers stand close to the high end of the overall range. Supplies have been limited in the PE market but it is counterbalanced with stagnant demand.”
The overall Middle Eastern LDPE range was reported at $1120-1190/ton CIF China, cash so far this week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem