Chinese players report limited PE supplies from Qatar
“The production from the Middle East was already down due to Ramadan and the following Eid holiday last month. Apart from this, supplies from a major supplier in Qatar have been lower due to a technical problem at the producer,” said a trader.
Another trader commented, “The technical issue from the Qatari supplier remains in place. As their supply remains low, their offers stand close to the high end of the overall range. Supplies have been limited in the PE market but it is counterbalanced with stagnant demand.”
The overall Middle Eastern LDPE range was reported at $1120-1190/ton CIF China, cash so far this week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia