Chinese players report limited PE supplies from Qatar
“The production from the Middle East was already down due to Ramadan and the following Eid holiday last month. Apart from this, supplies from a major supplier in Qatar have been lower due to a technical problem at the producer,” said a trader.
Another trader commented, “The technical issue from the Qatari supplier remains in place. As their supply remains low, their offers stand close to the high end of the overall range. Supplies have been limited in the PE market but it is counterbalanced with stagnant demand.”
The overall Middle Eastern LDPE range was reported at $1120-1190/ton CIF China, cash so far this week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand