Chinese producer cuts local, export PET prices
The producer cut its export PET offers by $10/ton to $910/ton FOB China, cash and its local prices by CNY150/ton ($22/ton) from last week at CNY7200/ton ($905/ton without VAT) on an ex-warehouse China, cash including VAT basis.
A source from the producer noted that their new levels are open to negotiations.
Meanwhile, the producer’s offers for PET bottle to Southeast Asian markets are also $10/ton lower from last week at $920-930/ton CIF SEA, cash basis.
The PET market was up in China last week on the heels of higher MEG costs following an earlier softening trend; however, players were skeptical about last week’s firming due to lower crude oil prices.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East