Chinese producer cuts local, export PET prices
The producer cut its export PET offers by $10/ton to $910/ton FOB China, cash and its local prices by CNY150/ton ($22/ton) from last week at CNY7200/ton ($905/ton without VAT) on an ex-warehouse China, cash including VAT basis.
A source from the producer noted that their new levels are open to negotiations.
Meanwhile, the producer’s offers for PET bottle to Southeast Asian markets are also $10/ton lower from last week at $920-930/ton CIF SEA, cash basis.
The PET market was up in China last week on the heels of higher MEG costs following an earlier softening trend; however, players were skeptical about last week’s firming due to lower crude oil prices.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe