Chinese producer cuts local, export PVC prices
According to him, the producer reduced their local PVC prices by CNY50/ton ($8/ton) while they issued a decrease of $10/ton on their export offers. “Despite our recent reductions, buyers are still not showing much interest. Demand remains slow and purchases are only limited to buyers’ immediate needs. We are planning to adopt a wait and see attitude until the market starts to show some signs of stabilization,” he stated.
The producer’s local PVC k67 prices currently stand at CNY5800/ton on an ex-warehouse China, cash including VAT basis ($800/ton without VAT) while their export PVC offers are at $800/ton FOB China, cash. In Southeast Asia, meanwhile, their import PVC offers stand at $810/ton CIF SEA, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers