Chinese producer lowers PVC prices to SE Asia
The source commented, “We struggled to conclude deals after a Taiwanese major’s downward revisions. Hence, we decided to implement a $10/ton reduction on our offers. For December, we have not decided on our pricing policy yet. However, we are planning to reduce our quotas if demand continues to remain slow. Demand from the local market is worse when compared to buying interest for export cargoes as the Chinese market has entered the winter season.”
In Southeast Asia, import PVC prices are currently reported at $750-800/ton on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers