Chinese producer lowers PVC prices to SE Asia
The source commented, “We struggled to conclude deals after a Taiwanese major’s downward revisions. Hence, we decided to implement a $10/ton reduction on our offers. For December, we have not decided on our pricing policy yet. However, we are planning to reduce our quotas if demand continues to remain slow. Demand from the local market is worse when compared to buying interest for export cargoes as the Chinese market has entered the winter season.”
In Southeast Asia, import PVC prices are currently reported at $750-800/ton on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May
- Downtrend continues in Turkish PP, PE markets amid Ramadan lull