Chinese producer lowers export, local PET prices
The producer decreased its export PET offers by $20/ton to $920/ton FOB China, cash basis. For the local market, the producer’s prices declined by CNY200/ton ($29/ton) from last week at CNY7000/ton ($869/ton without VAT) on an ex-warehouse China, cash including VAT basis while they concluded a deal with an additional discount of CNY100/ton ($15/ton) at CNY6900/ton ($857/ton without VAT) with the same terms.
The source opined, “Players in the local market either remain on the sidelines or purchase based on their needs. Apart from inquiries we received from Europe, demand is limited in the export market as well. We think the direction of the PET market will mostly depend on demand in the upcoming period.”
Meanwhile, the producer’s offers for PET bottle to Southeast Asian markets currently stand at $925-930/ton CIF SEA, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East