Chinese producer lowers export, local PET prices
The producer decreased its export PET offers by $20/ton to $920/ton FOB China, cash basis. For the local market, the producer’s prices declined by CNY200/ton ($29/ton) from last week at CNY7000/ton ($869/ton without VAT) on an ex-warehouse China, cash including VAT basis while they concluded a deal with an additional discount of CNY100/ton ($15/ton) at CNY6900/ton ($857/ton without VAT) with the same terms.
The source opined, “Players in the local market either remain on the sidelines or purchase based on their needs. Apart from inquiries we received from Europe, demand is limited in the export market as well. We think the direction of the PET market will mostly depend on demand in the upcoming period.”
Meanwhile, the producer’s offers for PET bottle to Southeast Asian markets currently stand at $925-930/ton CIF SEA, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure