Chinese trader: PET producers lift export prices
According to the trader, two Chinese producers raised their export PET prices by $30/ton while two other producers also issued increases of $10/ton on their offers, with the current export PET prices standing at a range of $900-930/ton on an FOB China, cash basis.
“Producers have low stock levels and they are not feeling any sale pressure nowadays. Demand from Southeast Asia is regular while suppliers see good interest from other global markets such as South Africa, South America and Japan,” he commented.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019