Chinese trader re-exporting Iranian PP, PE to Vietnam
A second trader based in Xiamen commented, “We hear that several Chinese sellers are trying to re-export their import PP and PE materials to Vietnam due to muted demand inside China. The lowest re-exported HDPE film price we heard is at $1185/ton CIF Vietnam, cash. However, Vietnamese buyers are not showing much interest in these cargoes.”
Meanwhile, a Vietnamese plastic bag manufacturer said, “There are lots of offers for re-exported PP and PE from China nowadays. However, we are not interested in these cargoes as we feel that prices will witness some softening in the days ahead.”
In Vietnam, import homo-PP raffia prices are currently quoted at $960-1150/ton on a CIF, cash equivalent basis while PE prices stand at $1190-1250/ton for LDPE film, at $1170-1250/ton for LLDPE film and at $1150-1200/ton for HDPE film with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets