Chinese traders focus on re-exporting PP, PE to S East Asia
A trader based in Beijing reported that they are giving re-export offers for European LDPE to Southeast Asia as the market level is higher when compared to China.
A Vietnamese trader also affirmed the wide existence of re-exported cargoes from China at more competitive levels than the imports from the Middle East, saying that this situation has also pushed a local producer to lower its PP offers.
A global trader in Vietnam also commented, “Our Taiwanese supplier revised its PP offers down this week given softer propylene costs. However, they are still not as low as re-export offers from Chinese sellers. This has also influenced our sales. We are sidelined for now in order to monitor the market.”
As reported earlier this week in a ChemOrbis Daily Headline , the PP market in Southeast Asia has already moved back above China by more than $100/ton, although this premium was previously at and below $50/ton.
In the case of LDPE, Southeast Asia’s import market regained its premium back above China in the latter part of February. After having traded below China with a discount of up to $100/ton in the last quarter of 2016, Southeast Asia’s import LDPE market has recently climbed back over China by $100/ton.
These growing price gaps also clearly explain the Chinese traders’ appetite to divert their stocks to Southeast Asia.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient