Clarification required from Indian JBF amid stake sale talks
According to local media reports, the company is in talks with Indorama Group, Reliance Industries and the Chatterjee Group for a stake sale, which is likely to pave the way for a change in the company’s management.
However, the companies above mentioned are yet to make an official statement.
The company’s stock on the BSE, meanwhile, soared nearly %20 following the news. The company had been previously downgraded by the rating agencies as a result of the delays in servicing its debts.
The company, on the other hand, reportedly attributed this to demonetization in India as well as the implementation of goods and services tax.
The startup of the company’s PTA plant located in Mangalore, India has also been postponed for several times since its commissioning.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets extending uptrend into December
- Rising energy and feedstock prices prompt further gains in Asia PET markets
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness