Clarification required from Indian JBF amid stake sale talks
According to local media reports, the company is in talks with Indorama Group, Reliance Industries and the Chatterjee Group for a stake sale, which is likely to pave the way for a change in the company’s management.
However, the companies above mentioned are yet to make an official statement.
The company’s stock on the BSE, meanwhile, soared nearly %20 following the news. The company had been previously downgraded by the rating agencies as a result of the delays in servicing its debts.
The company, on the other hand, reportedly attributed this to demonetization in India as well as the implementation of goods and services tax.
The startup of the company’s PTA plant located in Mangalore, India has also been postponed for several times since its commissioning.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns