Coca-Cola extends loan deal to accelerate use of rPET
The company stated in the press release that the agreement’s goal is to accelerate the scale-up of Ioniqa’s recycling technology for PET and they intend to create packaging made of at least 50% recycled material by 2030.
The beverage giant also added that a new 10,000 tons/year recycling plant is currently under construction in Geleen, the Netherlands. The plant is expected to be commissioned in the first half of 2019 and the end-product will be delivered to the market in the same year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply
- India’s Q1 PVC imports hit record-high; did buyers rush to stock up before expected restrictions?
- LDPE prices move below LLDPE, HDPE on global lethargy
- Slide deepens in Middle Eastern PP, PE markets through May
- Oil prices down for fourth straight week, delicate balance ahead
- European ABS under pressure from aggressive imports, PS holds firm
- Türkiye witnesses plentiful PE offers amid globally weak demand
- India PP, PE markets’ slump extends into third month ahead of monsoon