Competitive European PVC offers emerge in Egypt
Although the bulk of the import offers were formed by US origins, European offers emerged at even lower levels than the US this week. A buyer reported receiving South European k67 offers at $780/ton CIF Alexandria, cash while US k67 ranges are reported at $800-850/ton with the same terms so far this week.
According to sources, the emergence of European origins in Egypt at competitive levels proves the stock pressure on the European sellers’ side, as is the case in European PVC’s main export destination, Turkey. European PVC prices have posted cumulative falls of around $100/ton since the downturn started in early October.
In Egypt, buyers were seen opting for prompt material in the local market rather than import cargoes.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines
- Will Asia’s PS markets follow ABS higher on cost support?
- Sept PET expectations diverge in shade of opposite factors in Europe