Competitive European PVC offers emerge in Egypt
Although the bulk of the import offers were formed by US origins, European offers emerged at even lower levels than the US this week. A buyer reported receiving South European k67 offers at $780/ton CIF Alexandria, cash while US k67 ranges are reported at $800-850/ton with the same terms so far this week.
According to sources, the emergence of European origins in Egypt at competitive levels proves the stock pressure on the European sellers’ side, as is the case in European PVC’s main export destination, Turkey. European PVC prices have posted cumulative falls of around $100/ton since the downturn started in early October.
In Egypt, buyers were seen opting for prompt material in the local market rather than import cargoes.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets extending uptrend into December
- Rising energy and feedstock prices prompt further gains in Asia PET markets
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness