Competitive N. American PE offers remain present in SE Asia
A distributor operating in Indonesia reported that they are offering Canadian LLDPE c4 film without additives at $1200/ton CIF, cash. He stated, “We are open to negotiations and we are even willing to conclude deals below the $1200/ton CIF threshold. The shipment term of Canadian materials will be around one and a half months while these origins stand at more competitive levels than Middle Eastern cargoes.” Meanwhile, the distributor stated that their Canadian supplier is planning to expand their presence in the Southeast Asian markets in line with a recent capacity expansion.
In Southeast Asia, import LLDPE film prices are currently reported at $1180-1280/ton on a CIF, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET prices weaken further in Asia and Mediterranean
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low