Competitive N. American PE prices emerge in SEA
A plastic bag maker in Vietnam said that they received LLDPE film prices at $1240-1250/ton CIF for US material and at $1310/ton from a Middle Eastern source. The buyer added, “We plan to delay our purchases for a while longer as we think that prices have some room to move lower while we are feeling comfortable with our stock levels.”
Another Vietnamese converter said that they purchased a large volume of Canadian HDPE blow moulding at $1150-1170/ton CIF while adding that they also received an offer for a Thai origin at $1270/ton. “Our Thai supplier has been reducing their prices gradually while we received an offer at $1190/ton from a Canadian source who later accepted our bid price of $1150-1170/ton,” the buyer added.
Import offers currently stand at $1250-1370/ton for LDPE film, $1240-1330/ton for LLDPE film, $1280-1330/ton for HDPE film and at $1150-1320/ton for HDPE blow moulding, all on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets extending uptrend into December
- Rising energy and feedstock prices prompt further gains in Asia PET markets
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness