Competitive N. American PE prices emerge in SEA
A plastic bag maker in Vietnam said that they received LLDPE film prices at $1240-1250/ton CIF for US material and at $1310/ton from a Middle Eastern source. The buyer added, “We plan to delay our purchases for a while longer as we think that prices have some room to move lower while we are feeling comfortable with our stock levels.”
Another Vietnamese converter said that they purchased a large volume of Canadian HDPE blow moulding at $1150-1170/ton CIF while adding that they also received an offer for a Thai origin at $1270/ton. “Our Thai supplier has been reducing their prices gradually while we received an offer at $1190/ton from a Canadian source who later accepted our bid price of $1150-1170/ton,” the buyer added.
Import offers currently stand at $1250-1370/ton for LDPE film, $1240-1330/ton for LLDPE film, $1280-1330/ton for HDPE film and at $1150-1320/ton for HDPE blow moulding, all on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PS, EPS markets retain uptrend on low availability
- China’s PP, PE and PVC markets continue to offer poor netbacks despite better sentiment
- LDPE run-up enters its third month in China as tightness persists
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe