Competitive N. American PE prices emerge in SEA
A plastic bag maker in Vietnam said that they received LLDPE film prices at $1240-1250/ton CIF for US material and at $1310/ton from a Middle Eastern source. The buyer added, “We plan to delay our purchases for a while longer as we think that prices have some room to move lower while we are feeling comfortable with our stock levels.”
Another Vietnamese converter said that they purchased a large volume of Canadian HDPE blow moulding at $1150-1170/ton CIF while adding that they also received an offer for a Thai origin at $1270/ton. “Our Thai supplier has been reducing their prices gradually while we received an offer at $1190/ton from a Canadian source who later accepted our bid price of $1150-1170/ton,” the buyer added.
Import offers currently stand at $1250-1370/ton for LDPE film, $1240-1330/ton for LLDPE film, $1280-1330/ton for HDPE film and at $1150-1320/ton for HDPE blow moulding, all on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns