Competitive import PVC K67 offers emerge in Egypt markets
The latest offers for US K67 were assessed within a range of $1530-1550/ton ($1561-1581/ton with 2% customs duty) CIF Egypt earlier this week. Although these US offers too were lower as compared to last week, the appearance of Ukrainian and South Korean materials indicated steeper discounts as they also enjoy a duty advantage into Egypt.
Import PVC prices had tested the highs of $1600/ton in the beginning for January but these levels failed to work amid thin buying interest from buyers. The relatively improved supply outlook amid the return of US and European PVC producers added pressure to the scene.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply
- India’s Q1 PVC imports hit record-high; did buyers rush to stock up before expected restrictions?
- LDPE prices move below LLDPE, HDPE on global lethargy
- Slide deepens in Middle Eastern PP, PE markets through May
- Oil prices down for fourth straight week, delicate balance ahead
- European ABS under pressure from aggressive imports, PS holds firm
- Türkiye witnesses plentiful PE offers amid globally weak demand
- India PP, PE markets’ slump extends into third month ahead of monsoon