Confidence grows in OPEC’s oil deal
Following these developments, Brent oil rose by 4.4% to close at $48.90 a barrel in London on Monday, which was the highest level in three weeks. Future prices continued to climb above $49/bbl on Tuesday’s daily trading.
Goldman Sachs Group Inc. also sees an agreement on an oil cut very likely, media reports reveal. Accordingly, the investment bank raised its oil-price forecast for early 2017 to an average of $55 a barrel from $45-$50.
So far in OPEC pre-meeting discussions, Russia said it is willing to freeze oil output at current levels. Iran expressed its hopes to reach a consensus over the matter and Iraq mentioned they will make proposals to help OPEC reach an agreement.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC rally roars back in Asia as supply worries mount
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins
- China’s post-holiday polymer outlook supported by supply limitations, crude oil