Construction starts at PetroChina’s new complex in China
The complex will have a 400,000 barrels/day refining capacity and also produce 2.6 million tons/year of aromatics and 1.2 million tons/year of ethylene. The CNY65.4 billion ($9.5 billion) project would also be PetroChina’s largest investment in the refining and petrochemicals sector.
The company is expected to carry out a test run at the refining portion of the project in October 2021, while the chemical units are planned to undergo a test run in December 2021.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Türkiye’s polymer markets in flux amid bullish costs, lackluster demand
- China’s import PE prices resume uptrend on ongoing cost support
- Liquidity concerns keep India’s PP, PE markets on edge
- Buyer resistance counterbalances cost pressure in China’s PE markets
- Türkiye’s PE market up in Sept as limited quotas offset muted demand
- Crude oil rally keeps China’s PP markets firm
- Europe’s PVC rebounds from nearly 3-year lows, is it a dead-cat bounce?
- Indian players see PVC prices falling further ahead
- Stats: US boosts HDPE market share in China, Saudi's sales slump sharply
- Stats: India's H1 PP imports jump, PE and PVC imports skyrocket