Converters: Indonesian producer cuts local PE prices
A converter manufacturing household products reported that they received lower PE prices from the producer at $1260/ton for LLDPE film, at $1360/ton for LLDPE injection, at $1290/ton for HDPE film and blow moulding, at $1270/ton for HDPE injection and at $1320/ton for HDPE pipe (PE100), all on an FD Indonesia, 14 days deferred payment basis. The buyer stated, “We think that the producer is facing downward pressure as they would normally wait until next Monday before implementing another reduction on their prices.”
Another converter who is active in the packaging sector also confirmed receiving local PE prices from the same producer with decreases at these levels. He said that the producer maintained their PP prices at $1240/ton for raffia and injection and at $1260/ton for homo-PP film, BOPP and coating, all on an FD, 14 days deferred payment basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia