Crude oil to reach $80/barrel in 2020: OPEC
NYMEX and Brent futures declined more than 50%, according to data from ChemOrbis Price Wizard, due to OPEC’s strategy of maintaining production to defend its global market share against unconventional oil production from non-OPEC countries such as the US.
According to the report, crude oil output from nations outside OPEC will average 58.2 million barrels per day in 2017, 1 million bpd lower than the group’s initial forecast. Meanwhile, consumption is projected to grow by 1 million barrels per year to reach 97.4 million barrels per day by 2020.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure