Czech Unipetrol announces acquisition of Spolana
The company reported that the acquisition of Spolana will open additional possibilities to further strengthen and integrate the company’s position in the Czech Republic and it will also help Unipetrol optimize its production and commissioning of its new polyethylene (PE) project, PE3.
Unipetrol recently broke ground for a new greenfield PE production unit (PE3) at its Chempark Zaluzi petrochemical complex in Litvinov, Czech Republic. The new unit is scheduled to be launched in the second half of 2018.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand