Czech Unipetrol reaches record operational profit in Q2
In the downstream segment covering refinery and petrochemical sectors, the company recorded earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) of CZK3.910 billion ($158.6 million) in the second quarter. The improvements in the downstream segment were attributed to lower energy costs mainly as well as increasing sales of refinery products, propylene, benzene and PP. The volume of crude oil processed posted an increase of 39% on the year to reach 1.845 million tons. Meanwhile, utilization of refining capacities reached around 95% due to good demand for refinery products and reliable production.
Meanwhile, petrochemical sales in the downstream segment reached 442,000 tons in the second quarter, posting a slight decrease of 1% on the year. PE sales remained constant on a yearly basis while PP sales jumped 10%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount