Czech Unipetrol to finish new PE plant’s construction
Forty high-capacity silos have been installed at the site, according to the announcement. The silos are expected to provide storage for HDPE.
The company spent nearly CZK2.7 million for the new PE unit during the first 9 months of 2017. The facility is planned to have a production capacity of 270,000 ton/year upon completion.
The company also houses a steam cracker and two plants with respective capacities of 320,000 ton/year of HDPE and 290,000 ton/year of PP.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high