December Middle Eastern PP and PE prices surface in Tunisia
According to the trader, the producer’s new levels stand at €1270/ton for HDPE and LLDPE c4 film and at €950/ton for PP raffia and injection on a CIF Tunisia, 90 days deferred payment basis.
“Our Saudi supplier issued increases on their PE prices, pointing to their limited supplies for this product. We believe that the suppliers see relatively better demand in Asia and therefore, they are directing their quotas to markets in that region instead of Tunisia. On the other hand, for PP, prices record decreases amidst ample supplies and slow demand. However, we think that demand is better than some players believe and we are planning to make some purchases in the days ahead,” the trader added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?