December Middle Eastern PP and PE prices surface in Tunisia
According to the trader, the producer’s new levels stand at €1270/ton for HDPE and LLDPE c4 film and at €950/ton for PP raffia and injection on a CIF Tunisia, 90 days deferred payment basis.
“Our Saudi supplier issued increases on their PE prices, pointing to their limited supplies for this product. We believe that the suppliers see relatively better demand in Asia and therefore, they are directing their quotas to markets in that region instead of Tunisia. On the other hand, for PP, prices record decreases amidst ample supplies and slow demand. However, we think that demand is better than some players believe and we are planning to make some purchases in the days ahead,” the trader added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount