December Middle Eastern PP and PE prices surface in Tunisia
According to the trader, the producer’s new levels stand at €1270/ton for HDPE and LLDPE c4 film and at €950/ton for PP raffia and injection on a CIF Tunisia, 90 days deferred payment basis.
“Our Saudi supplier issued increases on their PE prices, pointing to their limited supplies for this product. We believe that the suppliers see relatively better demand in Asia and therefore, they are directing their quotas to markets in that region instead of Tunisia. On the other hand, for PP, prices record decreases amidst ample supplies and slow demand. However, we think that demand is better than some players believe and we are planning to make some purchases in the days ahead,” the trader added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak
- Oil and petchem companies’ earnings hit by falling margins in 2019
- Will February PP hikes prove workable in Europe?