December PP, PE offers emerge from Saudi in Kenya, Nigeria
In Kenya, a Saudi major approached the market with rollovers for PE and $20/ton decreases for PP amidst slow year-end demand and sufficient supplies. Accordingly, the major’s December prices stand at $1190-1200/ton for PP raffia and inj., $1300/ton for LDPE film, $1210/ton for HDPE b/m and at $1230/ton for LLDPE film, all on CFR Mombasa, Kenya, 90 days basis.
A converter said, “Prices are more or less steady this month. Demand has weakened particularly for HDPE film given the ban of plastic bags. Players are not purchasing this grade anymore. We are securing some cargoes according to our needs.”
In Nigeria, a distributor reported receiving December offers from different sources with decreases of up to $40/ton from last month. Accordingly, a Saudi producer offers at $1180/ton for LLDPE c4 film and at $1300/ton for LDPE while a different Saudi producer’s HDPE film offers stands at $1200/ton with the same terms.
According to the distributor, demand is poor despite the high season. “The main reason is the tight liquidity in the distribution market. ELEME’s decision to keep PE stable and lower PP prices also stems from the same problem. Supplies are sufficient and the local producer’s deliveries to the market are regular,” he added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops