December PP, PE offers emerge from Saudi in Kenya, Nigeria
In Kenya, a Saudi major approached the market with rollovers for PE and $20/ton decreases for PP amidst slow year-end demand and sufficient supplies. Accordingly, the major’s December prices stand at $1190-1200/ton for PP raffia and inj., $1300/ton for LDPE film, $1210/ton for HDPE b/m and at $1230/ton for LLDPE film, all on CFR Mombasa, Kenya, 90 days basis.
A converter said, “Prices are more or less steady this month. Demand has weakened particularly for HDPE film given the ban of plastic bags. Players are not purchasing this grade anymore. We are securing some cargoes according to our needs.”
In Nigeria, a distributor reported receiving December offers from different sources with decreases of up to $40/ton from last month. Accordingly, a Saudi producer offers at $1180/ton for LLDPE c4 film and at $1300/ton for LDPE while a different Saudi producer’s HDPE film offers stands at $1200/ton with the same terms.
According to the distributor, demand is poor despite the high season. “The main reason is the tight liquidity in the distribution market. ELEME’s decision to keep PE stable and lower PP prices also stems from the same problem. Supplies are sufficient and the local producer’s deliveries to the market are regular,” he added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets