December ethylene contracts settle in the US
The size of the increase in December contracts was in line with the market expectations, which were calling for an increase of 1-2 cent/lb ($22-44/ton).
The rise was attributed to the planned and unplanned outages in the US Gulf Coast in December.
In the US, spot ethylene prices were reported on the week at around 30 cents/lb ($661/ton),up 3 cent/lb ($66) from a week earlier and by 5 cents/lb ($110/ton) from early December.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record