December ethylene contracts settle in the US
The size of the increase in December contracts was in line with the market expectations, which were calling for an increase of 1-2 cent/lb ($22-44/ton).
The rise was attributed to the planned and unplanned outages in the US Gulf Coast in December.
In the US, spot ethylene prices were reported on the week at around 30 cents/lb ($661/ton),up 3 cent/lb ($66) from a week earlier and by 5 cents/lb ($110/ton) from early December.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China PP price uptrend intact after holidays despite local supply pressure
- Saudi PP, PE markets reverse course in Feb after 8 months, maintenance schedule busy in Mid-East
- Freight carriers aim to manage supply-demand balance by blanking more sailings
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey