Decreases gain momentum in Turkey’s local PP market
Even before the domestic producer, Petkim, issued $30/ton decreases on its list PP prices earlier today, medium and large converters reported receiving more competitive offers from distributors compared to last week.
Currently, the overall homo PP raffia range stands at $1420-1480/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT ($1203-1254/ton without VAT) amidst deals at $1420-1440/ton for prompt materials in the west region. Meanwhile, the range indicates a decrease of $20-50/ton week over week.
“Sellers who are sitting on stocks have reduced their offers in order to boost their slow sales with some of them trying to liquidate stocks given weak market expectations for the coming term,” players opined.
A distributor noted, “We had to lower our local homo PP raffia prices given the pressure from aggressive prices from other distributors as well as from the domestic producer. On the other hand, we have not received any indications from global producers about lower prices for November. The recent drops are mainly stemming from slow buying interest in Turkey’s local market.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China PP, PE markets on nearly 3-month losing streak amid scant demand
- June PP, PE prices drop further on weakened activities in Egypt
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes
- Turkish plastic recycling market in deadlock–solution awaited on import waste ban
- Asia PVC markets decline to 3-month low as downturn fueled by June announcements