Decreases gain momentum in Turkey’s local PP market
Even before the domestic producer, Petkim, issued $30/ton decreases on its list PP prices earlier today, medium and large converters reported receiving more competitive offers from distributors compared to last week.
Currently, the overall homo PP raffia range stands at $1420-1480/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT ($1203-1254/ton without VAT) amidst deals at $1420-1440/ton for prompt materials in the west region. Meanwhile, the range indicates a decrease of $20-50/ton week over week.
“Sellers who are sitting on stocks have reduced their offers in order to boost their slow sales with some of them trying to liquidate stocks given weak market expectations for the coming term,” players opined.
A distributor noted, “We had to lower our local homo PP raffia prices given the pressure from aggressive prices from other distributors as well as from the domestic producer. On the other hand, we have not received any indications from global producers about lower prices for November. The recent drops are mainly stemming from slow buying interest in Turkey’s local market.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Saudi PP, PE markets reverse course in Feb after 8 months, maintenance schedule busy in Mid-East
- Freight carriers aim to manage supply-demand balance by blanking more sailings
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year