Delta between Turkey’s and China’s PP markets sinks to below $30/ton
In China, the temporary truce with the US boosted sentiment last week. Import PP prices firmed up on the heels of higher futures market following a two-month long bearish trend although the recovery was not sustained as futures turned down and demand was muted.
According to ChemOrbis Price Index, Turkey’s premium for homo PP over China has narrowed to around $28/ton on a weekly average when compared to almost $120/ton in late November. This was mainly because import PP prices moved further south in Turkey to hit as low as $1100/ton CIF, whereas offers in China were mostly stable week over week.
"The bottom might be close for PP in Turkey based on its smaller premium over China and lower stocks in the country," some players commented.
Saudi Arabian and Indian PP raffia offers were down by $40-65/ton from last week to $1100-1150/ton CIF Turkey, subject to 6.5% duty, cash. PP fibre prices down by 30-40/ton to $1170-1190/ton CIF week over week. The low ends were reported earlier this week, meanwhile.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply
- India’s Q1 PVC imports hit record-high; did buyers rush to stock up before expected restrictions?
- LDPE prices move below LLDPE, HDPE on global lethargy
- Slide deepens in Middle Eastern PP, PE markets through May
- Oil prices down for fourth straight week, delicate balance ahead
- European ABS under pressure from aggressive imports, PS holds firm
- Türkiye witnesses plentiful PE offers amid globally weak demand
- India PP, PE markets’ slump extends into third month ahead of monsoon