Demand for HDPE film, b/m recovers in Turkey
“Limited August allocations from our Uzbek supplier combined with the hikes from all suppliers including from Iran and the Middle-East helped demand recover eventually,” a trader highlighted. A manufacturer confirmed, “Traders told us that they already sold out their Uzbek cargos amidst better demand from large buyers this month. Iranian sources applied hikes of up to $40/ton just in a week while an Egyptian source does not have prompt HDPE material at bonded-warehouse for now.”
Another factor that reinforced the firming trend for PE was the increase announcements from the domestic producer, Petkim. Distributors have also followed the producer’s hikes since late July. Petkim’s price hikes on HDPE injection and b/m have reached $60/ton in total following three increases in a row since the last week of July. “We realize that prompt supplies have diminished for film and b/m as buyers returned to the market in line with the bullish trend after staying sidelined for a long time,” commented a seller.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets