Demand slows further in Oct in Thailand due to late king’s cremation
A PE trader commented, “The Thai market is quite slow this month given the prolonged rainy season as well as the cremation ceremony. As buyers expect prices to move lower in the days ahead, they are limiting their purchases. Traders are not willing to buy either. As the year end is nearing, supplies are higher in Thailand.”
A PP, PE trader noted, “Due to the cremation ceremony, demand in October is weaker than in September. We expect the market to improve afterwards.”
A source from a PVC producer opined, “In addition to the cremation ceremony, there are some national holidays in October. Coupled with the long rainy season, these factors pressure the market. Therefore, we keep our offers stable.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm