Details for tariff quota on MEG imports revealed in Turkey
In line with the recent statement, a quota of 230,000 tons of MEG will be allocated to any company that uses MEG as raw material for their manufacturing activities. The companies shall apply to the Economy Ministry of Turkey, Import General Directorate within 10 working days as of the publication date of the statement with the required documents attached in a statement in order to benefit from the new regulation.
In the Official Gazette dated November 20, 2014, a quota for 230,000 tons of MEG imports had been reported to be allocated for 2015, but no information was given as to the details regarding who would benefit from this decision as well as how and to what extent.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe