Dioki set to bring new PS, EPS plant onstream in Turkey
As part of their investment that started in February 2016, the company was to start test productions at the plant by May 2017. Located in Yumurtalik Free Zone, Adana, the new plant will produce GPPS (General Purpose Polystyrene), HIPS (High Impact Polystyrene) and EPS (Expandable Polystyrene).
The company could not be reached for further details regarding capacity and the exact start-up date, at the time of publication, meanwhile. Players argue that new material from this plant will start to be offered in the market in the next couple of months, speculating that the capacity might be around 50,000 tons per year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years