Dioki set to bring new PS, EPS plant onstream in Turkey
As part of their investment that started in February 2016, the company was to start test productions at the plant by May 2017. Located in Yumurtalik Free Zone, Adana, the new plant will produce GPPS (General Purpose Polystyrene), HIPS (High Impact Polystyrene) and EPS (Expandable Polystyrene).
The company could not be reached for further details regarding capacity and the exact start-up date, at the time of publication, meanwhile. Players argue that new material from this plant will start to be offered in the market in the next couple of months, speculating that the capacity might be around 50,000 tons per year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September