Discounts emerge in Indonesia’s local PP market
The trader is currently offering homo-PP raffia and injection at $1380-1390/ton and film at $1430/ton, all on an FD Indonesia, cash basis.
Meanwhile, a source from a local producer reported that they maintained their PP and PE prices at stable levels this week. He commented, “We heard that some traders have started to give some discounts on their offers. We think that this is not necessary as supplies remain tight in the market while the current decreasing trend in propylene costs might be only temporary.” The source added that they are monitoring international trends before deciding on their next move.
The producer’s PP prices currently stand at $1540/ton for PP block copolymer, at $1560/ton for PP random copolymer, at $1480/ton for homo-PP coating, at $1430/ton for raffia and injection, at $1440/ton for film and at $1470/ton for BOPP, all on an FD Indonesia, cash basis.
A converter in the packaging sector reported receiving a homo-PP film offer from a local producer at $1440/ton FD, cash. “Our end product demand remains slow while our margins are thin due to the depreciation of the local currency. We are adopting a more cautious stance towards the market nowadays,” he said.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic