Discounts reported in PE offers in Kenya, PP stable
A trader concluded deals at $1260/ton for HDPE film, at $1340/ton for LDPE film, at $1270-1290/ton for LLDPE c4 film, at $1180-1200/ton for PP raffia and inj. and at $1210/ton PP film, all on CFR Mombasa, 90 days basis.
“Mid-Eastern suppliers revised their offers by up to $70/ton for PE compared to initial May offers whereas PP offers were mostly rolled over compared to the previous month. Supplies are comfortable for all grades while demand is still thin, which causes softer expectations for June. Despite price decreases, many producers are still open to further negotiations in order to improve their sales," commented the trader.
A film manufacturer also said that they made some purchases; however, demand is slow for our end product and the overall market activity is quiet amid the political instability in the country. “However the currency issues have eased recently,” added the converter.
In Kenya, overall import PP and PE offers are standing at $1340-1380/ton for LDPE film, at $1270-1290/ton for LLDPE c4 film, at $1220-1260/ton for HDPE film, at $1210-1220/ton for PPBC inj., at $1160-1200/ton for PP raffia and inj. and at $1210/ton for PP film with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets extending uptrend into December
- Rising energy and feedstock prices prompt further gains in Asia PET markets
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness