Distributor: Malaysian producer reduces domestic PP, PE prices for Nov
Initial November prices stand at MYR5210-5250/ton ($1592-1604/ton) for homo-PP injection and raffia, MYR5300-5400/ton ($1619-1650/ton) for PP film, MYR5320/ton ($1625/ton) for PP block copolymer injection, MYR5540-5600/ton ($1693-1711/ton) for PP random copolymer injection, MYR5250/ton ($1604/ton) for LDPE film and HDPE blow moulding, MYR5280/ton ($1613/ton) for LDPE general purpose, MYR5350/ton ($1635/ton) for LDPE injection and LLDPE film, MYR5410/ton ($1653/ton) for LDPE coating, MYR5180-5230/ton ($1583-1598/ton) for HDPE film, MYR5250-5280/ton ($1604-1611/ton) for HDPE injection and at MYR5330/ton ($1628/ton) for HDPE yarn, all on an FD Malaysia, cash basis.
“We are not planning to purchase in large volumes as we think that the outlook will remain soft over the next few weeks. In addition, demand for our end products is not all that encouraging these days,” a converter reported. Another buyer in the packaging sector added, “We are in no rush to purchase as we believe that prices may see further decreases in the coming weeks.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June