Distributor: US PVC prices up in Italy
In Italy, US PVC prices were reported at €820/ton for k67-68, €830/ton for k64-65 and at €850/ton for k70, all on DDP, 60 days basis.
In the nearby Turkish market, US PVC offers were also raised to $865-875/ton CFR, subject to 6.5% customs, 25% additional and 18.81% AD duty in the week prior to the Eid. Traders also predicted that offers for US PVC may go up to the $900/ton threshold on the condition that supply concerns in South America persist.
When it comes to the local market, European PVC has been more or less at stable levels and buyers are in no rush to purchase as they are to receive previously secured import cargos soon. Demand should seasonally improve; however, players have yet to see any particular improvement despite warmer weather.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes
- Turkish plastic recycling market in deadlock–solution awaited on import waste ban
- Asia PVC markets decline to 3-month low as downturn fueled by June announcements
- Limited demand leads to further PP, PE declines in China; LDPE hits 6-month low
- African PP, PE markets soften into June
- European PS, ABS under pressure from upstream markets