Distributor reduces local PP, PE prices to Indonesia
The distributor cut their homo-PP film and injection prices by $40-50/ton to $1800/ton and $1740/ton, respectively, both on FD Indonesia, cash basis. Their local raffia prices are standing at $1700/ton with the same terms.
For PE products, the distributor revised their offers downward by $30-40/ton to $1640-1650/ton for LDPE film, to $1670/ton for LLDPE film and to $1670-1680/ton for HDPE film, injection and blow moulding, all on FD Indonesia cash basis.
He commented, “Local demand is not strong nowadays while the upstream markets are continuously weakening. Hence, we reduced our offers in order to speed up our sales. For the near term, we expect to see some further reductions.”
In Indonesia, local PE prices are currently reported at $1640-1650/ton for LDPE film, at $1670-1730/ton for LLDPE film and at $1670-1700/ton for HDPE film while the current PP prices are standing at $1680-1730/ton for raffia, at $1800/ton for homo-PP film and at $1740-1810/ton for homo-PP injection, all on FD Indonesia, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices
- China’s Q1 polymer imports set a new record near 6 million tons