Distributors: Local PP, PE prices move lower in Thailand
An agent of a domestic producer said that their supplier reduced their prices in order to remain competitive against other regional producers. “We are hopeful that demand will pick up after the most recent price decreases, although we believe that many buyers will remain on the sidelines in hopes of securing additional price reductions over the short term,” the distributor stated.
Prices for domestic materials currently stand at THB51500-52500/ton ($1594-1625/ton) for LDPE film, HDPE film, HDPE blow moulding and homo-PP injection and raffia, THB52000-53000/ton ($1610-1641/ton) for LLDPE film and at THB52500-53000/ton ($1625-1641/ton) for PP film, all on an FD Thailand, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September