Distributors: Local PP, PE prices move lower in Thailand
An agent of a domestic producer said that their supplier reduced their prices in order to remain competitive against other regional producers. “We are hopeful that demand will pick up after the most recent price decreases, although we believe that many buyers will remain on the sidelines in hopes of securing additional price reductions over the short term,” the distributor stated.
Prices for domestic materials currently stand at THB51500-52500/ton ($1594-1625/ton) for LDPE film, HDPE film, HDPE blow moulding and homo-PP injection and raffia, THB52000-53000/ton ($1610-1641/ton) for LLDPE film and at THB52500-53000/ton ($1625-1641/ton) for PP film, all on an FD Thailand, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets