Distributors: Local PP prices move lower in Thailand
Another distributor added, “We are not planning to replenish our stocks for now as local demand is not all that encouraging. We believe that softer crude oil costs may keep the PP market under downward pressure in the days ahead.”
Local PP prices currently stand at THB49500/ton ($1511/ton) for homo-PP injection and raffia and at THB50500/ton ($1541/ton) for PP film, all on an FD Thailand, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets