Distributors: Malaysian producers announce July PP, PE prices
The producer’s July PP prices reportedly stand at MYR5200/ton ($1379/ton) for block copolymer injection, at MYR5500/ton ($1459/ton) for random copolymer injection, at MYR5000/ton ($1326/ton) for raffia and injection and at MYR5150/ton ($1366/ton) for film, all on an FD Malaysia, 30 days deferred payment basis.
For PE, they are offering LDPE film at MYR5400/ton ($1433/ton), LDPE injection at MYR5550/ton ($1472/ton), LLDPE film at MYR5600/ton ($1486/ton), HDPE film at MYR5250/ton ($1393/ton) and HDPE injection and blow moulding at MYR5320/ton ($1411/ton) with the same terms.
A second distributor commented, “We think that it is now better to purchase from the local market due to the further depreciation of the Malaysian ringgit against the US dollar.” He received July PP and PE offers from two different local producers with decreases at MYR5400/ton ($1438/ton) for LDPE film, at MYR5550/ton ($1478/ton) for LDPE injection, at MYR5460/ton ($1454/ton) for LLDPE film, at MYR5150-5250/ton ($1372-1399/ton) for HDPE film, at MYR5320/ton ($1417/ton) for HDPE injection and blow moulding, at MYR5000/ton (1332/ton) for PP raffia and injection and at MYR5150/ton ($1372/ton) for PP film, all on an FD, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?
- Turkey PP and PE regain premium over China, LDPE fails to make a sprint
- Strong netbacks and demand trigger exodus of PVC from China to export markets
- China PE market continues to see downward corrections amid impending holiday