Distributors: Malaysian producers announce July PP, PE prices
The producer’s July PP prices reportedly stand at MYR5200/ton ($1379/ton) for block copolymer injection, at MYR5500/ton ($1459/ton) for random copolymer injection, at MYR5000/ton ($1326/ton) for raffia and injection and at MYR5150/ton ($1366/ton) for film, all on an FD Malaysia, 30 days deferred payment basis.
For PE, they are offering LDPE film at MYR5400/ton ($1433/ton), LDPE injection at MYR5550/ton ($1472/ton), LLDPE film at MYR5600/ton ($1486/ton), HDPE film at MYR5250/ton ($1393/ton) and HDPE injection and blow moulding at MYR5320/ton ($1411/ton) with the same terms.
A second distributor commented, “We think that it is now better to purchase from the local market due to the further depreciation of the Malaysian ringgit against the US dollar.” He received July PP and PE offers from two different local producers with decreases at MYR5400/ton ($1438/ton) for LDPE film, at MYR5550/ton ($1478/ton) for LDPE injection, at MYR5460/ton ($1454/ton) for LLDPE film, at MYR5150-5250/ton ($1372-1399/ton) for HDPE film, at MYR5320/ton ($1417/ton) for HDPE injection and blow moulding, at MYR5000/ton (1332/ton) for PP raffia and injection and at MYR5150/ton ($1372/ton) for PP film, all on an FD, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets