Distributors: local PE, PP prices move lower in Thailand
A distributor reported that a local producer has reduced their domestic PP prices by THB500-1500/ton ($15-46/ton), bringing their new offers to THB37500/ton FD Thailand, cash ($1153/ton) for homo-PP raffia and injection and to THB37000/ton ($1137/ton) for homo-PP film. He attributed the producer’s recent reductions to persistently sluggish demand while adding that they purchased some materials at these levels. “We think that the recent upward movement in spot propylene costs will not be able to provide much support to the PP markets as buyers are still waiting in anticipation of seeing further decreases,” he commented.
Another distributor reported that Thai producers cut their local PP and PE prices by THB500/ton ($15/ton), stating, “We heard rumors from the market that local supplies may witness some shortage due to a shutdown.” A third distributor who also confirmed that local PP and PE producers reduced their prices by THB500/ton said, “We are planning to make some forward selling as we don’t want to suffer further losses due to fluctuations in local prices.”
In Thailand, local PE prices currently reported at THB41500-42000/ton ($1276-1291/ton) for LDPE, LLDPE and HDPE film while local PP prices are reported at THB36500-38500/ton ($1122-1184/ton) for homo-PP raffia and injection and at THB37000-39000/ton ($1137-1199/ton) for homo-PP film, all on an FD, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets extending uptrend into December
- Rising energy and feedstock prices prompt further gains in Asia PET markets
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness