Domestic PET producer issues price hikes in Turkey
Accordingly, the producer lifted their prices by up to $50/ton this week to bring their list prices to $1000/ton, cash and $1050/ton, 120 days deferred payment, FD Turkey, not inc VAT. They concluded some deals at $1025-1030/ton on 120 days deferred payment basis.
“In Asia, MEG and PX prices witnessed significant increases and Asian PET markets are firming. We see good demand from our small-scaled customers while most large buyers are still resisting higher offers,” a producer source commented. The source expects to see a firming trend based on strong costs and active buying interest for the March-April period.
In upstream chain, spot PX prices were up $25/ton week over week on an FOB South Korea basis. Spot MEG prices were also up by $25/ton on a CFR China basis while PTA prices edged up nearly $10/ton in the same period.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high