Domestic PET producer issues price hikes in Turkey
Accordingly, the producer lifted their prices by up to $50/ton this week to bring their list prices to $1000/ton, cash and $1050/ton, 120 days deferred payment, FD Turkey, not inc VAT. They concluded some deals at $1025-1030/ton on 120 days deferred payment basis.
“In Asia, MEG and PX prices witnessed significant increases and Asian PET markets are firming. We see good demand from our small-scaled customers while most large buyers are still resisting higher offers,” a producer source commented. The source expects to see a firming trend based on strong costs and active buying interest for the March-April period.
In upstream chain, spot PX prices were up $25/ton week over week on an FOB South Korea basis. Spot MEG prices were also up by $25/ton on a CFR China basis while PTA prices edged up nearly $10/ton in the same period.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs