Domestic PP, PE prices decline further in Thailand
A distributor stated, “Local producers reduced their prices again as demand remains stagnant while buyers are sticking to the sidelines. We are not optimistic about our prospects for the near term.”
A second distributor added, “We are not surprised by the most recent reductions from local producers as upstream costs are constantly falling while demand is absent. We think that the market will continue to witness further decreases in the near term unless feedstock costs rebound.”
Locally-held PP cargoes are currently offered at THB43500-44000/ton ($1327-1343/ton) for homo-PP raffia and injection and at THB44000-44500/ton ($1343-1358/ton) for PP film, all on an FD Thailand, cash equivalent basis.
For local PE, prices stand at THB45500-46500/ton ($1388-1419/ton) for LDPE film, LLDPE film and HDPE film, and at THB46500/ton ($1388/ton) for HDPE blow moulding and injection with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS