Domestic PP, PE prices decline further in Thailand
A distributor stated, “Local producers reduced their prices again as demand remains stagnant while buyers are sticking to the sidelines. We are not optimistic about our prospects for the near term.”
A second distributor added, “We are not surprised by the most recent reductions from local producers as upstream costs are constantly falling while demand is absent. We think that the market will continue to witness further decreases in the near term unless feedstock costs rebound.”
Locally-held PP cargoes are currently offered at THB43500-44000/ton ($1327-1343/ton) for homo-PP raffia and injection and at THB44000-44500/ton ($1343-1358/ton) for PP film, all on an FD Thailand, cash equivalent basis.
For local PE, prices stand at THB45500-46500/ton ($1388-1419/ton) for LDPE film, LLDPE film and HDPE film, and at THB46500/ton ($1388/ton) for HDPE blow moulding and injection with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June