Domestic PP, PE prices edge down in Thailand
“Local prices came down again and we made a small purchase for PP in order to maintain our relationship with our supplier. Demand remains weak as buyers are still waiting on the sidelines with the expectation of seeing further decreases. We expect prices to continue to soften in the near term,” a trader stated.
A distributor based in Bangkok commented, “Local producers have implemented further reductions on their prices as demand remains stagnant and many traders are minimizing their stock levels in order to avoid making losses.”
A plastic bag manufacturer added, “Domestic prices decreased further, which is good for our business. We think that prices will remain on the softer side until the new year.”
Locally-held PP cargoes are currently offered in the range of THB45000-48000/ton ($1370-1462/ton) for homo-PP raffia, at THB45500-47500/ton ($1385-1446/ton) for PP film and at THB45000-46500/ton ($1370-1416/ton) for homo-PP injection, all on an FD Thailand, cash equivalent basis. For local PE, prices stand at THB47000-49000/ton ($1431-1492/ton) for LDPE film, at THB47000-49500/ton ($1431-1507/ton) for LLDPE film and at THB47000-48500/ton ($1431-1477/ton) for HDPE film, blow moulding and injection with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September