Domestic PP, PE prices edge down in Thailand
“Local prices came down again and we made a small purchase for PP in order to maintain our relationship with our supplier. Demand remains weak as buyers are still waiting on the sidelines with the expectation of seeing further decreases. We expect prices to continue to soften in the near term,” a trader stated.
A distributor based in Bangkok commented, “Local producers have implemented further reductions on their prices as demand remains stagnant and many traders are minimizing their stock levels in order to avoid making losses.”
A plastic bag manufacturer added, “Domestic prices decreased further, which is good for our business. We think that prices will remain on the softer side until the new year.”
Locally-held PP cargoes are currently offered in the range of THB45000-48000/ton ($1370-1462/ton) for homo-PP raffia, at THB45500-47500/ton ($1385-1446/ton) for PP film and at THB45000-46500/ton ($1370-1416/ton) for homo-PP injection, all on an FD Thailand, cash equivalent basis. For local PE, prices stand at THB47000-49000/ton ($1431-1492/ton) for LDPE film, at THB47000-49500/ton ($1431-1507/ton) for LLDPE film and at THB47000-48500/ton ($1431-1477/ton) for HDPE film, blow moulding and injection with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand