Dow Chemical and Du Pont agree to merge
Under the new agreement, Dow Chemical’s shareholders will get 1 share in the new company for each Dow share, while DuPont shareholders will have 1.282 shares for each DuPont share. Dow’s Chief Executive Andrew Liveris reportedly will be the executive chairman of the new combined company while DuPont Chief Executive Edward Breen will maintain his position as CEO.
The merger will eventually divide the combined company into three separate companies which will focus on agriculture, material sciences and specialty products, respectively.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shipping costs show no sign of abating yet
- PP, PE gains extend into April but demand slips further in Africa
- Triple-digit hikes send Europe’s PP market to fresh all-time highs
- Turkey’s PET markets extend drops into April, pervaded by weak demand
- US PVC offers resurface at competitive levels in Egypt, Turkey
- China import PE prices extend losses into April on lower costs
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?