Dow Chemical and Du Pont agree to merge
Under the new agreement, Dow Chemical’s shareholders will get 1 share in the new company for each Dow share, while DuPont shareholders will have 1.282 shares for each DuPont share. Dow’s Chief Executive Andrew Liveris reportedly will be the executive chairman of the new combined company while DuPont Chief Executive Edward Breen will maintain his position as CEO.
The merger will eventually divide the combined company into three separate companies which will focus on agriculture, material sciences and specialty products, respectively.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect