Dow Chemical and Du Pont agree to merge
Under the new agreement, Dow Chemical’s shareholders will get 1 share in the new company for each Dow share, while DuPont shareholders will have 1.282 shares for each DuPont share. Dow’s Chief Executive Andrew Liveris reportedly will be the executive chairman of the new combined company while DuPont Chief Executive Edward Breen will maintain his position as CEO.
The merger will eventually divide the combined company into three separate companies which will focus on agriculture, material sciences and specialty products, respectively.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak
- Oil and petchem companies’ earnings hit by falling margins in 2019
- Will February PP hikes prove workable in Europe?
- Turkish players question future outlook as import PP, PE prices see 6-month highs
- Asian PVC markets stay strong as tightness overshadows virus fears
- SEA LLDPE market sees fresh hikes despite virus-hit sentiment across Asia
- Turkey’s overall polymer imports resume growth in 2019