Dow Chemical announces strong financial results for Q3
The company’s sales increased 5% to reach $14.4 billion in the third quarter compared to the previous year. This increase was attributed to tightening demand conditions and higher sales levels, especially in the performance plastics and performance materials segments. The company increased its sales in almost all developed regions, especially in North America, where Dow reported an increase of 7%. The company’s sales were also up 6% in emerging countries like Latin America.
Dow’s EBITDA for the third quarter climbed to $2.3 billion, up 24% from the same period of 2013. The company cited ongoing productivity activities and improved market fundamentals as the main reasons behind the increase.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm